Saturday, September 1, 2012

Coffee date?

If you lived close to me we would have a coffee date. 
It would most likely end up being at one of your houses, because this little town has no coffee shops, unless you count Timmy hoes. 
We would sit facing one another on my couch, cup of coffee, or hot chocolate with whipped cream of course, in hand. 
I would start by asking you how your week went.
You would tell me about your week, the good and the bad.
I would ask how I could be praying for you, and what I could be doing to build you up.
You would then ask me how I was doing. 
I would tell you that I am finding it hard to fit in to this little town, but I know that I am meant to be here. 
I would tell you that I know God has plans for me, and that this town is definitely a part of those plans.
I would tell you that I am going to be starting on the maternity floor in 2.5 weeks. 
I would tell you that this both excites me and terrifies me.
I would tell you I am excited because it is my dream to work with mom's and babies, and I am excited to be back in an area where I feel fully comfortable. 
I would tell you that I am nervous to meet yet another crew of co-workers who I feel like I need to impress. 
I would tell you I am afraid of making a fool out of myself.
I would tell you that it makes me more nervous to work with people my own age because i feel like they judge more.
I would tell you that I am afraid my co-workers with think I am an idiot and won't like me.
I would tell you that I am nervous to start working in the acute care setting in this town which seems to be behind (technologically, and in every other sense) the rest of the country by about 5 years. 
I would tell you that I want nothing more than to be a light in a world of darkness.
I would tell you that I have been looking into how much it will cost me to fly home. 
I would tell you that it will cost me more money than it should.
I would tell you that I want to surprise a few people.
I would tell you that people should never underestimate me.
I would tell you that I want to build people up.
I would tell you that I have been struggling with putting my worth in places it shouldn't be put.
I would tell you that I needed you now more than ever before.
I would tell you that I have an addiction to pinterest.
You would laugh at me, and tell me that my pinterest wedding is awesome!
We would laugh.
We would pray for one another and it would be awesome.

What would you tell me?

Do it again sometime soon?

3 comments:

  1. I would tell you that by having that opportunity to sit with you, have coffee and catch up on what is happening in your life would be wonderful and I would hope it wouldn't be so long before we could do it again. Just reading your blog here brightens my day and makes me feel better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would tell you this summer has been both stressful and fun, but I'm totally looking forward to Fall for so many reasons: cooler weather, the start of school, Thanksgiving & Halloween!

    I'd tell you I know what it's like being a stranger in a small town, but if you stick it out you'll grow to love it and it will love you in return.

    I'd tell you I'm wicked excited that you're going to Maternity since I know it's what you were hoping for!! I'd tell you that you will impress the pants off of both your superiors and your peers - but more importantly you will be love to the many mothers who cross your path. I'd tell you that having had two of my own children, a friendly,loving nurse means more than you could ever imagine - especially to first time mom's.

    I'd say let's get together next week because this was a great coffee date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dale- Thanks for stopping by. glad I could brighten your day.

    Fran- I am also looking forward to fall. I love fall! thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete