Sunday, August 5, 2012

God's Promises


*This post was written 10-03-11*

It has been awhile since I have posted. Here is why:

I have been stuck in a rut. The I-am-angry-at-God-and-think-my-ways-are-better-than-his rut. Who am I to get angry at God. But it happened. Since just before september started I have been feeling so far from God that I can't even feel him in my life anymore. And oh how wrong that is. God is SO evident in my life. Every single thing about my life screams GOD. Everything.

God is so persistent. He pursues us and is drawn to those who are weak, heavy burdened, weary, and faint at heart. 

Basically for the last month I have just been existing. waking up, eating, classes, school work, and sleeping. Nothing more nothing less. I have had no joy, ambition, or really even a sense of Hope. But God id God and he provided for me in more ways than I truly know. 

God has placed so many people in my life to act as encouragement, and to push me, and to remind me of where my heart needs to be. On my birthday, one of my friends gave me a list of promises ad encouragement from God. A simple list of bible verses. It hit me like a ton of bricks. For real. Every single verse on that page spoke about my current life. Everyone. It was so God. The person had no idea what was going on in my life, they just felt lead to share. God amazes me every stinking day.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord."-Isaiah 55:8

God is trying to break me of myself. I like control, I love to have control over everything in my life. God says no. God says he is in control and that I need to let it go. Let everything go to him. He has his hand in everything and he knows what he is doing. I do not know what I am doing. My ways are not his ways. 

God you are good. So Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment