Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Today

Today I am lonely. 
Today I miss my family and friends. 
Today it is raining. 
Today I am sleepy. 


Today I am half cranky. 
Today I am doubting my decision to live in this tiny town. 
Today I am craving the community I moved away from.
Today I am wanting more.
Today I feel useless.
Today I am afraid of my future.
Today I am feeling unworthy.
Today I feel like crying.
Today I want to leave.
Today I want my old life.
Today I am having a hard to seeing the good in this town.
Today I want to go home.
Today I felt the old Tiffany slipping back into my mind.

So today I picked up my bible, opened my journal and poured out my heart.


Today I feel to my knees.
Today I asked for forgiveness.
Today I asked for help to see the good.
Today I asked for help to see his promises
Today I prayed that my eyes would be opened.


Today I prayed that the veil covering my eyes be torn to bits.
Today I broke, but was pieced back together again.
Today I felt his grace and mercy.
Today I was able to see some light.
Today I was able to enjoy and rejoice in the small things.
Today I was able to see his providence.



Today I was able to ride myself of me long enough to gain a bit of perspective.
Today I was able to see what God has for me.
Today I was able to see what I need to strive for.


What have you done today? 

3 comments:

  1. thinking of you Tiffany. So many changes all at once, but you know you are never alone. He is always with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love u sis. And u r amazing person in side n out. I only wish I could be and do half of the remarabul person u have become u r my role model, wish I could of been a better one for u through our life but it looks like our mother n father did a wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete